Monday, 21 July 2014

My next quilt to finish, it was inspired by an antique quilt a friend owns.  I always hang the fabrics I am thinking of using for blocks on the side of the blocks like this , helps me decide to use the fabric or not before I make a block :)  My blocks will be 9" finished so the nine patches are 3" finished.  Yes another blue and white quilt.  Guess I had better pull out a very scrappy quilt next, I am missing all the color and seeing hundreds of  fabrics in one quilt!


I never tire of making nine patches!  love this background fabric.  wish I had bolts of it!

I spent some time on a blog yesterday that I was so impressed with.  Loved seeing her antique quilt collection and just enjoying the way she writes….she takes pictures of her projects .  Make a cup of coffee/tea…ice tea whatever and go enjoy Christines blog.  Quilting Stories.

The winner of my little fall tumbler kit is Vic in NH she writes the Park Hill Farm blog.
Vic send me your address and I will mail it to you this week!  Hope you enjoy it  and thanks to everyone for your comments, truly appreciated.

22 comments:

  1. This is a lovely way to arrange your four patch blocks, and I see it this way for the first time.
    I would as well wish to own bolts of this background fabric... just great!
    After seeing your four patch top, I feel like making again myself a traditional nine patch quilt... always smart! And thank you so much for mentioning my blog with such kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nine patch too, but your nine patches are unique and looks like antique quilt before you even finishes them - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt! Looks like that background is from Jo Morton.....maybe we could get together and persuade her to persuade Andover to print more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes a fabulous quilt -- another gorgeous one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new quilt is beautiful -- from a distance, it looks like you're making not just a two-color quilt, but a two-fabric quilt! Very Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful quilt and love seeing the different variations you have made.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Crisp and clean looking, in my favorite color combination. When I first began quilting, I thought I would only make blue and white quilts! I still feel the need once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another wonderful quilt in the making! I really love Christine's blog! Love that background fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing your blue and white quilt come together...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh my, Kathie this one is way toooo beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, I want one! With teeny tiny itty bitty blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've put together another classic. I love a two color quilt and yours has a wonderful vintage look already.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great quilt, love it! Thank you for the tip on Christine's blog. I did not know it, will have a latte later on this morning and explore it, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I seem to love all of your quilts, whether they are 2 colors or 20! I love the simplicity of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like your recent two color quilts and admire the perseverance and will power it takes to complete them. You have to admit, though, that you did sneak different fabrics in even if they were all blue. That's got to help with the need for variety. Actually, I think it's very interesting to try to scrap thing up while staying within a single color and value.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blue and white is such a classic. It leaves lots of room for some beautiful quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great quilt project! I love the tiny 9 patches. There is such beauty in simplicity and this quilt is going to be so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I came back to leave a comment because I realized that I read this post the other day but clicked over to your suggested blog link and never came back! (See what can happen....?)
    These two color quilts of yours are so beautiful. I would get bored making them but I would never tire of living with them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful, I love the light airy feel of this layout. Lots of room for beautiful quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you, thank you! I love the lil tumbler kit!

    ReplyDelete